Update Dec 3rd 2009;
Now available in Denmark with ION chipset
According to a press release by Lenovo, their upcoming IdeaPad S12 will be the first Netbook to utilise NVIDIA’s Ion chipset. The Ion platform has also made an appearance in Acer’s AspireRevo nettop and is the first computer to feature it.
The Ion chipset will among other allow for; Playing HD movies, a HDMI connector, lower CPU utilization = lower battery consumption and perhaps light gaming ability.
- Display: 12.1 WXGA (1280 X 800) LED 200 nit, 250g
- Processor: Intel Atom N270
- Graphics: Intel integrated GMA 950, Nvidia ION
- Memory: Up to 1GB DDR2 533 MHz
- Hard Drive: Up to 160 GB SATA (160, 250, 320)
- Battery Life: 3 hours with 3-cell, 6 hours with 6-cell
- Weight: 1.4kg with 3 cell, 1.55kg with 6 cell
- Dimensions: 292 X 216 X 22-28.9mm
- Connectivity: 10/100m Ethernet, Broadcom 578M,
Intel WiFi Link 5150 1X2 AGN, Intel WiFi Link 5100 1X2 AGN,
- Non-Intel wireless b/g, Non-Intel wireless b/g/n, Bluetooth
- Other: 3 USB, 1 Expresscard slot (Intel and VIA platforms), 4-in-1 card reader, VGA, RJA45, HDMI
- Software: XP Home SP3 (32 bit)
It sounds like a real nice pice of work.. Perhaps a replacement for my old IBM Thinkpad X31.
Lenovo S12 released, but without the Nvidia ION graphics processor, a later version released around the time of Win 7 will have the ION processor added. Bummer 🙁